Financial Modeling is such a high-demand skill. Whether you are considering a career change, competing for a promotion, or launching your start-up, financial modeling is going to be useful to estimate future performance and investigate how various factors will affect your cash flow in the finance industry. For that, financial modeling courses can become very useful. If you have decided to make financial modeling your career, you should enroll in the IIM SKILLS financial modeling course since it is worthwhile. IIM SKILLS is one such institution that only teaches you the technical parts of financial modeling but also prepares you for the industry market.
What is Financial Modeling?
The act of creating a financial plan from the beginning or redesigning and reorganizing an existing financial model is known as financial modeling.
Financial modeling is, to put it simply, the act of compiling comprehensive data about a company’s costs and revenues into a spreadsheet format to help financial managers make better decisions for the future.
It provides an extensive overview of the company’s costs and earnings as well as the sources of the company’s major expenses and income, as well as the location of its primary sources of profit.
Making a model that satisfies the company’s long-term and short-term goals might be challenging because finance is a dynamic industry that always brings in new prospects and chances.
A financial modeling expert recognizes these possible new prospects and forecasts how they can increase the company’s income in exchange for the invested capital.
The first stage in carrying out any business action or initiative is financial modeling. No business can start investing in new projects or growth operations without a proper plan or financial model.
An end-to-end strategy must be developed by a financial modeling analyst using historical data, potential prospects, and projections.
The field of financial modeling is rapidly expanding both in India and internationally. Here are some of the reasons why you should choose a career in financial modeling.
Why Choose a Financial Modeling Course?
- You can differentiate yourself from the competition by choosing a financial modeling course, which gives you detailed and up-to-date information about the market.
- Financial modeling services focus heavily on data, which enables organizations to precisely assess the data and make effective decisions. Once a candidate completes the financial modeling course, there are various career options available
- As certified financial modelers are engaged by many research companies, banks, financial institutes, insurance companies, and credit rating agencies, there are many job options available to candidates who successfully finish the financial modeling course.
- Therefore, data is crucial to the business landscape, and most organizations today recognize the importance of data and have a large need for qualified financial modelers.
- In the modern era, the finance sector makes considerable use of financial models, which is highly driven corporate tool. If you intend to pursue a career in stock research, investment banking, venture capital, commercial banking, real estate, etc., it is extremely important. You can gain an advantage in your chosen field by taking a recognized financial modeling course.
- For individuals who are interested in building financial models and are interested in the process of data analysis, financial modeling is one of the most promising careers.
- The program will become an essential component of your job once you understand how to use it and its entire features. It will be used by you to make decisions, forecast financial data, examine business operations, and keep checks on cash flow.
We can see from the above-mentioned examples how crucial and beneficial the financial modeling course is, particularly for applicants looking to pursue careers that are considerably different from those in traditional accounting and auditing.
This is the ideal talent to enhance your career, regardless of your level of experience as a financial professional or whether you have just started working.
While you can enroll in financial modeling courses at your nearby university, there are also a variety of online courses available that let you study at your own pace. Make sure the course suits your unique objectives if you want to take a financial modeling course that is industry-specific.
The finest programs are provided by reputable institutes, have extensive course curricula, are affordable, and are simple to enrol in. If you are looking for a financial modeling program with all of these mentioned features from an institute with strong name recognition, consider this course from IIM SKILLS.
About IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS was established in 2015 by Mr. Vaibhav Kakkar and offers more than just individual training. It is the leading training provider in writing, finance, marketing, analytics, and even competitive exam preparation with instructor-led online training.
With a mission of providing world-class education training at an affordable price, IIM SKILLS is constantly working hard to upskill professionally their students within a few months. The program’s focus on delivering real-world practical knowledge has led to many students attributing significant achievements and professional improvements to it. It has more than 35+ city presences in Asia including Dubai and Singapore.
Since 2015, thousands of happy graduates have given IIM SKILLS credit for helping them accept job offers because they are dedicated to providing you with all the skills and knowledge you need to advance your career prospects across a range of sectors or can help newbies get a foot in this field.
IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course
The only financial modeling program that is respected and recognized by employers is the financial modelin course, thanks to IIM SKILLS’ reputation and credibility. More than 35,000+ students have taken the financial modeling course, which has 4.9 ratings from Google.
The Financial Modeling Course includes more than 50+ hours of instructor-led live training and content delivered in 6 modules as well as 10+ FM templates and 100+ hours of practical assignment.
In contrast to other online courses, IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course provides 20+ hours of doubt-clearing sessions with instructors and allows you to interact with other financial professionals who are also enrolled in the course. More than 10+ case studies throughout the course delivery will give you hands-on learning and real aspects of the industry. After completing the course, they offer 2 months month-guaranteed internship with placement assistance.
Your comprehension of using Excel to create financial model templates can be improved with the help of the IIM SKILLS financial modeling course. You can use the course to learn the fundamentals of financial modeling.
After completing the course, you will have the knowledge and skills for financial modeling needed to enter an interview room with the confidence that you are competent and deserving of being here. You can use it to get ready for job opportunities in investment banking, equity research, financial analysis, business analysis, project finance, and many more.
IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course Fee Structure: The total fee of the course is Rs.39,900 + 18% GST which includes certification and exam fees. You can pay the fees with easy 7 interest-free EMI for 6,726 per month.
Mode of Delivery: As this is purely an online training program, you will have a weekday batch on Tuesday-Thursday from 8 PM to 10 PM (IST) and a weekend batch on every Saturday-Sunday from 10 AM to 12 PM (IST).
IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course Eligibility Criteria:
Students do not need to meet any prerequisite or requirements to enroll in IIM SKILLS’ financial modeling course. Some complex content of the course can make the concepts of financial models easier to understand for students who are pursuing or passed out degree background in commerce or finance-related fields.
Students must have a working knowledge of computers and basic knowledge of Excel can be an added advantage, but it is not mandatory.
IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course Expert Faculty:
Become knowledgeable in your field while being guided by industry experts. Not only are the mentors knowledgeable in their field, but they are also very approachable and willing to answer any questions you may have.
They provide actual business issues for discussion under the direction of instructors who have prior experience working for leading companies. Mentors also cover you with extra tips and tricks that will give you an advantage over others.
IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course Curriculum:
IIM SKILLS, a comprehensive, in-depth financial modeling course curriculum was selected by business experts with extensive knowledge of the finance industry. This detailed courseware was created after significant research and consideration.
The course curriculum provides a brief overview of MS Excel and financial modeling tools, before covering accounting concepts and financial statements. You will be able to study balance sheets, income statements, and financial statements if you have a good grip on these topics.
The course then moves on to a quick introduction to the KPI analysis/Ratio. Following through an in-depth description of financial modeling among other topics, you will learn everything you need to know about valuations including relative valuation and DCF valuation during the course’s final module with the help of case studies.
The program is specially designed to help learners find market-level positions while following the standard of the finance industry, giving it the title of being the best financial modeling course in India.
Module 1: Basic and Advanced Excel
- Introduction to MS Excel and understanding the ribbon
- Keyword shortcuts and their importance
- Regular use functions like Vlookup, Index, Match, Sumifs, Offset Paste Special, Concatenate, and indirect among others, and their combination among themselves
- Rules of conditional formatting
- Font and number formatting
- Cells, rows, and columns freezing concepts
- Using formulae and Excel tools for data validation, sorting, and filters
- Table functions and dynamic arrays
- Presentation of data utilizing Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, and Slicers
- Introduction to macros
- Creating different types of charts and graphs including but not limited to bar graphs, line charts, combo charts, scatter plots, histograms, pie charts, waterfall, column chart
- Sensitivity analysis using data tables
- Dynamic dashboards
- Time value functions such as NPER, PV, PMT, FV, RATE
- Text functions like proper, find, replace, substitute, left, right, mid, etc.
- Text-to-column functions like delimit, flash fill
- Return functions like IRR, XIRR, NPV, XNPV
- Iterative calculations and circular referencing
- What-if analysis using goal seek, scenario manager, data table
Module 2: Accounting Concepts and Financial Statements
- Key accounting fundamental concepts include accrual vs. cash reporting, double entry bookkeeping, the law of going concerned, the law of prudence, matching principle, money measurement, historical cost concepts, accounting period concept, full disclosure concept, business entity concept
- Recognizing key elements of the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement
- Concepts of key line items revenue, direct costs, operating costs, EBITDA, depreciation and amortization, impairment of goodwill, depletion, cash flows from different activities, current assets, current liabilities, non-current assets, non-current liabilities, shareholder’s equity, minority interest, other equity, capital expenditures, deferred revenue
- Concept of comprehensive income
- Relevance of notes to accounts
- Knowing how the three financial statements are related and interconnected
- Preparation of common-size financial statements
- Reading of annual report and understanding of management discussion and analysis (MD&A) section.
Module 3: Ratio/KPI Analysis
- Various ratios including those measuring activity/turnover, liquidity, solvency, profitability, and valuation
- Activity ratios such as days of sales outstanding, days of inventory on hand, payables turnover, the of days payables, the total asset turnover, the fixed asset turnover, working capital turnover, inventory turnover, and receivables turnover
- The current ratio, defensive interval, quick ratio, cash ratio, and cash conversion cycle are all examples of liquidity ratios
- Debt to assets, debt to equity, and debt to capital are all examples of solvency ratios
- Debt to EBITDA, interest coverage, financial leverage, and fixed charge coverage all relate to finance
- Profitability ratios including net profit margin, gross margin, EBIT/Operating profit margin, pre-tax margin, return on assets, operating return on assets, returns on total capital, return on invested capital, return of equity, return on common equity
- Five-stage and three-stage analysis using the DuPont formula
- Price to profits, price to sales, price to cash flow, price to book value, EV/EBITDA, and EV/sales are some examples of valuation ratios
- Basic EPS, diluted EPS (Dilutive as well as anti-dilutive securities, treasury stock method
- Preparation of financial summary
Module 4: Technicals of Financial Modeling
- Introduction to the structure for a finance model
- Creating scenarios using a variety of methods such as scenario manager, index, and Choose
- Building Revenue and Cost Drivers
- Creation of several schedules such as those for fixed assets, working capital, equity, and depreciation, among others
- Projecting financial statement – IS, BS, and CFS
- Best practices for error tracing techniques and financial modeling
- Key formatting tips
- Additional cover page, index, financial summary, and other key tabs
- Strategic Financial Modeling
- Financial Modeling Course For Beginners
- DCF Financial Modeling
- Can I learn Financial Modeling on my own
- Financial Services Outsourcing
- Equity Research
- Leveraged buyout
- Scenario Analysis
Module 5: Different Types of Financial Models
- Three Statement Projection Model
Projections of the three financial statements
- LBO Model
Concepts of leveraged buyout deal
Assumptions for an LBO deal model
Building pro-forma financial statements and required adjustments
Debt and goodwill calculation
Preparing sources and using table
Preparation of cash waterfall
Exit analysis and calculation of return metrics including IRR and MOIC
- M&A Model
Basics of mergers and acquisition model
Concepts of accretion and dilution
Relevance of synergies – operating and financing
Performing sensitivity analysis on EPS
- Private Equity Return Model
Preparation of capital structure
Assumptions for private equity and private debt include a variable rate, original issue discount (OID), floating rate, PIK rate, amortization, and drawn and undrawn fees among others
Concepts for roll-over equity, revolver, sponsor capital, and further capital tranches
Concepts of committed capital, assets under management (AUM), dry powder, loan to value (LTV)
Preparing the cash flow and return calculation for investment
- Cash Flow Model
Restructuring, financial distress, and Chapter 7 Liquidation concepts
Construction of revolver facility plug-ins, non-operating cash payments, and operating cash receipts and payments
Working capital projections
Cash to EBITDA reconciliation
Module 6: Business Valuation
- Relative Valuation – Trading and Transaction Comps
- Difference between GBC and GTM
- The variance between transaction value, offer value, and deal value
- Criteria to screen peers
Valuation multiples to be used
Enterprise value calculation considering equity value and other factors
Ideal periods to focus on include the last twelve months (LTM), next twelve months (NTM), historical years, and projected years
Concepts of controlling premium
- DCF Valuation
Recognizing and calculating FCFF vs. FCFE as well as their connection
Related terms for NOPAT, change in working capital, and capex adjustments
WACC employs complex computations for the cost elements such as CAPM and multi-factor models
Understanding various risk concepts and how to include them in valuation calculations (CRP, ERP, IRP, SSRP, DLOC, DLOM)
Different ways of calculating beta
Concepts of levered and unlevered beta
Various methods are used to calculate a terminal value, including the H-model, the exit multiple methods, and the Gordon growth model/ perpetuity growth model
- NAV Approach for Valuation
Relevance of the approach
- Blended valuation presented through football field analysis
- Presentation of valuation output
- Preparation of valuation report
- Concepts of pre-money and post-money valuation
IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course Learning Resources:
IIM SKILLS provides entire courseware including EBooks and session recordings through their learning management system (LMS), which is user-friendly and available to you 24/7. Even you can download the training material and have lifetime access to it for future reference.
After completing the course, you must pass an exam to earn a globally recognized certificate. You will need to score a minimum of 50% in the test, to obtain a certificate. This government-approved certification will boost your resume and show your expertise in financial modeling.
IIM SKILLS dedicated placement cell services take full charge to assist you in determining your job prospects. Even after the course is over, IIM SKILLS continues to hold your hand while you polish your CV and interview skills to land the job of your dreams. You can stay in touch with your mentors for support and direction throughout your life, regardless of whether you finish your course.
Skills You Will Gain Through the IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course:
The reality is that financial modeling itself is a necessary skill for a wide range of finance-related industries, including mergers and acquisitions, investment banking, equity research, and many more.
As a result, by enrolling in this rigorous financial modeling course, you can develop a variety of skill sets that will enable you to prosper in this profitable sector. A few of these skills include,
- Critical and analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Substantial finance and accounting skills
- Prowess to define high-end strategies
- Requisite skills and methods for valuation
- Skills for creating efficient financial modeling, integrating financial statements, and structured approaches to valuation
Why You Should Do a Financial Modeling Course From IIM SKILLS?
Your professional perspective might be broadened by taking an online course in financial modeling from IIM SKILLS.
There are many good reasons to enroll in an IIM SKILLS course.
- First off, the IIM SKILLS financial modeling course is a government-approved certification.
- Second, the IIM SKILLS course certificate is trusted by more than 350 companies that hire through IIM SKILLS.
- You may not be aware that IIM SKILLS offers placement support with all of its courses. Therefore it means that IIM SKILLS will assist you in finding and applying for financial modeling internships and jobs as well as help you with the preparation of building your resume and portfolio, interview preparation, and many more. Also, you can have lifetime access to their Learning Management System. The best is saved for the last: This course is beginner-friendly you don’t need any prior experience or knowledge to apply.
|Phone number:||+91 9911 839 503|
IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course: FAQs
Q. What is the application process?
There is no specific application form for the course, anyone interested in learning about financial modeling and valuation can apply using the registration button on their official website providing simple basic information and payment.
Q. Does IIM SKILLS provide a free demo session before enrolling?
Yes, before enrolling IIM SKILLS gives a choice to the applicant for a free demo session. If you are satisfied with the demo session, you can directly enroll in the course. Even if you don’t like the course on the first session, they give you a 100% money-back guarantee.
Q. Who are the best candidates for the IIM SKILLS financial modeling course?
This financial modeling course is ideal for both graduates and working professionals. Graduates such, as in commerce-related and finance-related fields, engineers can opt for this course. Additionally, CAs, MBA/FRM/CFAs, and even finance department professionals who want to advance their careers can also go for this course.
IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course: Conclusion
Any industry can benefit from just studying financial modeling, and out of all the general financial modeling courses available, IIM SKILLS is the perfect fit for you. It is an affordable course that lets you learn with a flexible schedule while receiving top-notch instruction from some of the field’s greatest minds.