Every business and enterprise needs management of sales, inventory, accounts, bills, and invoices. As a business grows in its operations, its management needs to become more efficient and faster to achieve its long-term goals. The invention of accounting software for managing a company has made this tedious easier. There are many Tally courses in India that can help you to acquire the latest skills and knowledge of tally to help you excel in your career.
What is Tally?
Tally is an accounting and financial software used in business for recording day-to-day transactions and data. It is used in recording sales, levels, types of inventory, purchasing, etc. It helps collect data in a precise and orderly manner reducing the tendency for errors. It is used by many types of small and medium-sized businesses.
Features of Tally
- Tally is easy to use, there is no requirement for any coding, it operates fast, and it is a powerful tool used by many types of firms.
- Tally is operated from remote places or areas where it can be difficult to execute the functions necessary in the day-to-day operations of a business. Tally has inbuilt features that help it work seamlessly where it is tough to find assistance and help at the proper time.
- Tally supports the use of multiple languages. It can operate in one language and reports can be created in other languages.
- Tally is end-to-end encrypted, which means it protects the user and sender of data where no one other than them can use the data. It keeps data safe and secure.
- Tally helps in synchronizing the data automatically. It is useful when transactions are done in multiple locations.
- Tally is used in computing payroll of employees that is automated in nature.
Eligibility Criteria for Applying For Tally Courses in India
- Completion of higher secondary school (10+2 or equivalent) is mandatory.
- Students of the commerce stream may find it easier to learn how to use tally than students with a non-commerce background.
- Graduates can also enroll and apply for this program.
Fee and Duration of Tally Courses in India
The fee for tally courses in India depends upon their duration. The certificate course can take up to 2-4 months to complete which can cost from ₹8,000-₹10,000. It also depends on where you are taking the course and what kind of academic institution it is. The cost of a diploma may also differ from institution to institution and depends on the things they cover.
Syllabus for Tally Courses in India
1. Basics of Accounting
In this subject, a person is taught what are the rules and basics of accounting. How many types are there? What are the different types of accounting principles for an error-free process of accounting? What is a double-entry and single-entry system?
What are the different types of financial systems and How are they created? What is a transaction? How do we debit and credit it so we can make a journal and ledger with a balance sheet? Many more basic concepts are covered in this subject.
In this subject, you will learn how to functionalize the tally in a business. The process to create or set up a company through a tally, ways to use it for a complete business solution, Etc.
3. Accounting Masters
These subject concepts are related to F11: where it is taught how to activate many accounting features like how to enable multi-currency options, how to activate interest calculation options, or where to maintain bill-wise details.
It includes all concepts related to stock, for example, stock groups, stock items, types of categories of stocks, different types of units of measure or creating inventory masters for rational traders, etc.
5. Voucher entry
A voucher is a document created at the time of a transaction so that it can be entered into the books of accounts. It will teach you how to tally and can be used to issue appropriate vouchers so that they can be entered into the ledger and the financial accounts of a company can be maintained.
6. Advanced Accounting
You will learn how to update bill-wise details, cost categories and centers, multiple currencies, how to do bank reconciliation and budget and controls, scenario management, etc.
7. Advanced inventory
You will learn how to process orders, how much to reorder, valuation of stock and inventory, additional cost analysis, and related concepts, etc.
8. Value Added Tax (VAT)
It will teach the creation of VAT, the configuration of VAT, different types of VAT reports, accounting related to the return of goods, VAT for composite dealers, and other related concepts.
9. Central sales tax(CST)
You will learn the basics of CST, ways to enable it to tally and generate reports, ways to use it for CST payment, etc.
10. Point of sale (Pos)
You will learn the features of Pos, the configuration of Pos in tally, ways to enter Pos transactions and generate its reports, etc.
11. Job Costing
It teaches the configuration of job costing in tally, ways to create job costing reports, and ways to enter and record transactions, etc.
12. Multilingual Capabilities
It will teach methods to report transactions in multiple languages and their translations, ways to create reports in multiple languages in tally, etc.
13. Technological Advantages
You will learn about the tally vault and tally audit, methods to take a data backup as well as restore it, print cheques and reports, etc.
14. Tally.net and Remote Capabilities
It teaches a general view of tally.net and its configuration and use of its features.
15. Online Help and Support
You will learn ways to access the online center for getting help and support.
17. Service Tax
It covers all the basics of service tax, a configuration in tally, and how to use it in creating reports.
18. Tax Deducted at Source as Well as Tax Collected at Source
It helps you to understand what TDS AND TCS are, how to run them in tally, and create reports using such transactions.
19. Excise for Dealers and Manufacturers
You will learn ways to enable and calculate excise for dealers and manufacturers, methods to create reports from such transactions, etc.
Uses of Tally Courses in India
Manual accounting can be time taking and exhaustive. Tally helps in executing accounting functions with ease and it is less time-consuming. There are many features that tally provides like Debit, Credit, Contra, Reverse Journal, Receipts, Sales, purchases, and Memos. Firms can record transactions in both Double entry and Single entry systems.
The newly added feature in tally helps banks in creating Bank Reconciliation statements which is a tedious job if done manually. Tally helps banks in creating payment invoices and deposit slips, maintains records of cheques, and provides payment advice if needed.
3. Inventory Management
If a firm is based on manufacturing processes or indulges in activities where there is a need to keep different types of stocks beforehand then its effective management is necessary to minimize loss and wastage. Tally helps in keeping records of inventory so that an optimal level is maintained. It helps classify the inventory items based on types, sizes, units, etc.
4. Taxation and Billing
Tally helps a firm to be GST compliant and helps in GST filing promptly. It helps in creating e-invoices automatically without much manual intervention. TDS and TCS requirements are effectively managed with the help of a tally as it helps in the seamless recording of information and detecting errors and mistakes. It helps manage various tax regimes together in one place such as VAT, Excise Duty, Income Tax, etc.
Other best courses in India:
- Digital Marketing Courses in India
- GST Certification Courses in India
- Financial Modeling Courses in India
Career Roles in Tally Courses in India
Bookkeepers are responsible for recording transactions and entering them in journals and ledgers with preparing a trial balance and balance sheet. They also create other financial statements like cash flow statements.
They create reports so that the firm is always tax compliant. They record costs, profits, purchases, sales, interest received and earned, etc with minimal possible errors and promptly.
2. Inventory Manager
Inventory managers manage the levels of Inventory in a business. They keep records of different types of stocks. They oversee that optimum levels are maintained so that there is no under-stock of Inventory which can hamper the sales and there is no overstock of Inventory which can lead to unused items causing losses. They follow inventory control procedures so there is no shortage of Inventory in the future.
3. Billing Executive
They manage invoices and bills due and paid. They remind their clients about unpaid bills so that there are no outstanding balances left. They create, clear, verify, and update bills so that there are proper records for the same. They handle all the client data so it is safe and recorded. They help their clients to solve their queries and issues on time.
Accountants are responsible for managing the financial statements of a firm. They audit, create, record, and verify financial statements regularly so that a firm’s value is ascertained at a point of point.
They track payments, make budget forecasts, create tax payments and returns, perform bookkeeping, create bank reconciliation statements, and record transactions with accuracy.
Top Tally Courses in India
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is an Indian based fastest growing Ed-Tech company. They provide courses with in-depth knowledge and have a presence worldwide. They have trained more than 35000+ individuals in over 35+ countries. They provide courses in Finance, Marketing, Data, and many other domains. Faculties consist of experts who have more than 12+ years of experience.
The Features of This Tally Courses in India Are:
- The duration of this self-learning course is 18 hours.
- It provides internship opportunities.
- The cost of this course is ₹2900 + 18%GST.
- It contains 20 hours of lectures and 60+ hours of practical assignments.
- This certification course is recognized by the government of India.
Udemy is a leading online platform that provides courses and programs in almost every type of field. They have programs in more than 75 languages. They offer more than 200,000 courses with the help of more than 70,000 instructors. They provide Tally ERP 9+ Tally Prime+ GST 2023- Certificate Course.
Features of this course are:
- The cost of this course is ₹2,499.
- The following are the contents covered:
- Accounting of Any Company with GST
- Creating Manual Accounting to Advance GST Reports
- GST Computation & Reports
- Learning Payroll Management with PF, ESI, EPF, Statutory Payment
- TDS Computation & its Reports
- Accounting of Manufacturing Firm
- Cheque Printing
- Bank Reconciliation
- GTA- Goods Transport Agency
- RCM – Reverse Charge Mechanism
- Composition Scheme under GST
- Reviewing GSTR1, GSTR2, GSTR3-B & GSTR4
- Availing of Input GST Credit
- Import & Export Entries under GST
- E-way Bill
- Backup & Restore
- Creating MIS Reports for Managerial Level
- Creating BRS
- Downloading and installing Tally Erp9
- Ways to set GST at Company Level, Stock Group Level, Stock Item Level, Ledger Level
- Covers Import and Export Entries in the Tally
- Export Exemption Entries in Tally
- Sales to SEZ Entries in Tally
- Effects of Different Entries on our GST Reports
3. ICA Edu Skills
It is an institute based in India founded in 1999 to provide education to the youth at affordable prices. They provide courses in Tax, Accountancy, and Finance. They have more than 200 training institutes in India. Their tally course is TallyPrime.
Features of this Tally Courses in India are:
- The duration of this course is 51 hours.
- For more information about the course fee, you need to contact them.
- The following are the topics covered:
- Company creation
- Cost Centre & Cost Category
- Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Purchase & Sales Cycle
- Basic concepts of GST
- GST using TallyPrime
- Generation of Returns
- Backup and Restore
Coursera was founded by Daphne Koller and Andrew Ng. They received B Corp certification in 2021 means they are obligated to both their stakeholders and society as a whole for creating a positive impact in education.
They have partnered with more than 275 leading companies and universities. 113 million+ learners have been educated by Coursera. They provide a Tally Bookkeeper Professional Certificate
Features of this Tally Courses in India are:
The duration of this course is 100 hours with 50+ activities based on modern and real-world scenarios.
There are three courses in this professional certificate:
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Reporting
- Principles of Accounts Payable and Receivable Management
- Basics of Statutory Compliance and Taxation
In this course you will learn:
- Business Accounting
- Tally Prime
- Financial Accounting
- Unary Language
- Stock Management
- Cost and Profit
- Basic Computer Skills
5. Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited(MKCL)
It is promoted by Higher and Technical Education (H and TE), the Government of Maharashtra, and India. It commenced its business activities in April 2002 over the entire state of Maharashtra. Over the last two decades, it has emerged as a high-tech and high-touch initiative focused on providing solutions in eLearning, eGovernance, and empowerment. They provide KLiC Tally Prime with a GST Course.
Features of this Tally courses in India are:
- The duration of this course is 2 Months or 120 hours.
- The cost of this course is ₹5000.
- This course is available in both offline and online modes.
- The syllabus of this course are:
- Introduction of Tally Prime
- Tally ERP9 VS Tally Prime
- Creating Company Profile
- Maintain various company profiles in Tally Prime
- GST setup and configuration
- Statutory, TSS and Add on features
- Accounting Feature
- Inventory Feature
- Taxation Feature
- Other Important Feature
- Tally with GST
- Interstate Transaction
- Intrastate GST Transaction
- Intrastate Purchase Transaction
- Intrastate Sales Transaction
- Payment & Receipt Transaction
- Key Menu Options
- Gateway of Tally
- Go to Report
- Party Master
- Master Creation
- Inventory Master
- GST Ledger
- Operational Master
- Receipt Entry
- Concept of E-Invoice
- Interstate GST Transaction with EWay Invoice
- GSTR1 View
- GSTR2 & GSTR2A & GSTR2B
- GSTR3B View
- Other GST Reports
- in Tally Prime
- Concept of GSTR9 & GSR9C
6. Henry Harvin Accounts Academy
Henry Harvin is an online platform that provides multiple types of online courses. They were incorporated in 2013 and have offices in more than 11 cities in India, the USA, and UAE. Their team consists of more than 600 employees and more than 650 consultants.
They provide more than 600 programs in more than 27 categories. They provide two types of tally courses. One is the Tally Prime Course and the second is the Advanced Tally ERP 9 Course. They are one of the leading providers of Tally Courses in India.
Features of the Tally Prime Course are:
- The length of this course is 28 hours.
- The total program fee is ₹9,500.
- The learners undergo projects in the field of MIS reports, TDS, GST, and many more.
- Modules of this course are:
- Introduction, Downloading, and Installation of Tally Prime.
- ERP 9 Data to Tally Prime Chart
- MIS Reports
- Enabling GST and keeping records of GST Transaction in Tally Prime
- Enabling TDS and Recording TDS Transactions
- Activation of Credit Limit and what is Exceeding the Credit Limit
- Banking Features
- Cost Centers and Cost Strategies
- Storage and Classification of Inventory
- Manufacturing Process using Bill of Materials
- Backup and Restore of Company Data
- Export and Import of Data
- E-Mailing and Security Control
- Enabling GST and Recording Advanced GST Transactions
Features of Advanced Tally ERP 9 Course are:
- The length of this course is 28 hours.
- The cost of this course is ₹9,500.
- Modules of this course are:
- Basics of TallyERP9.
- Tally ERP 9 and Inventory Management
- Accounting Management Through Advanced Tally ERP 9
- Production and Stock Management
- Payroll Management in Tally ERP 9
- Tally ERP 9 and GST Compliance
● Is it easy to get a job after learning Tally courses in India?
Many job opportunities are available after learning Tally such as Accounting Executive, Accounting Clerk, Inventory Manager, Tally Accounts Executive, etc. Tally is a widely used skill with a huge scope in the future.
● Is Tally difficult to learn?
No, Tally is not difficult to learn. It is easy accounting software that anybody can master whether they are from a commerce background or not.
● What are other skills required to learn Tally?
To learn Tally one can have basic knowledge of Accounting, and know how to use MS Excel and Word, should have good communication skills, but even without these basic skills, one can become proficient in Tally with time.
● Do we need to learn Ms. Excel to learn Tally?
Tally is exclusively used for accounting and business practices while Ms-Excel is used for many activities like- data representation, creating visuals and graphics, and calculation and analysis functions. Yes, it is necessary to get very well acquainted with Ms-Excel as both are needed together to work.
● What is the usefulness of Tally Courses in India?
There is so much usefulness for Tally in India. Tally is used by almost every business, bank, and enterprise. Small and medium size corporations use it to manage their day-to-day operations. It makes accounting, inventory management, sales, purchases, etc easier to record and operate. It is used in finance, accounting, banks, and numerous places.
In conclusion, it is better to go through one’s preferences and choices before opting for a course to learn Tally. There are many choices available and Tally has a huge scope in the future. When choosing a course one should try to learn basic knowledge of accountancy, Ms-Excel, and Word as it will make it easier to learn Tally. It is worth it to learn Tally as it costs less to learn it and its contribution to one’s career is large. As one’s experience increases the salary in Tally job roles also increases. Tally is used in banks, businesses, enterprises, and corporations that need more and more people who are experts in tallying.